Posted on October 22nd, 2013
Posted on October 15th, 2013
The first meeting of the new Committee will be meeting tonight at the Town Mill, 7.30pm. (Probably in the Community Room, but check the gallery too!)
Members are welcome to attend, and ask questions directly of the Committee before and after the meeting.
- Apologies: Hilary and Hilary are away, as Jeanne is.
- Appointment of officers (Chairman, Treasurer, Secretary); also any nominations/volunteers for Gallery Manager?
- Minutes of last meeting – approval and matters arising.
- Negotiations with Town Mill – report on results of Working Party so far, meeting with Sarah etc.
- Summary finance report if any new sales figures since those reported at the AGM. Membership update.
- Any issues from recent exhibitions that need addressing. Use of space by Café next month. Members’ exhibition coming up
- Card racks and print bins: any progress on improving these?
- Scheduling for next year: how to progress this given uncertainty of venues.
- AOB, and items for next meeting on 19th November.
Posted on August 29th, 2013
Anna Hillman and Pauline Lerry are exhibiting drawings and paintings at the Town Mill from this Saturday. The private view is from 2-4pm, so please come along to see what’s on offer and talk to the artists.
Saturday 31st August – Wednesday 18th September 2013 in the Upstairs Gallery. Open daily 10.30-4.30. Free admission.
Posted on August 29th, 2013
Shared Space Different Views
Nicola Dennis says ‘From Fri 30th August I and my friends Eddie Burrows and Steve Collins are hosting an exhibition in the Courtyard Gallery at the Town Mill. Our exhibition “Shared Space Different Views” will portray three very different ways of interpreting our beautiful West Country landscape and the wildlife within. As we are all new, this year, to TMAG, it will be our first exhibition and it would be wonderful to be able to meet as many other members as possible during our three week exhibition and to put names to faces. Please come and say hello and have a look at what we are doing. Your support would be much appreciated and would make our first flight into the world of exhibiting a little less daunting.’
One of the principle aims of TMAG is to help new artists into the exciting, but somewhat offputting, world of exhibiting – so do come along and see how much new exhibitors can achieve!
Posted on July 30th, 2013
Although the TMAG members’ exhibition runs for 5 weeks, some artists are changing over halfway through, so it’s worth paying a second visit to see what’s new!
In the Upstairs Gallery at the Town Mill, open daily 10.30-4.30, until 28th August. Free admission.
Posted on July 14th, 2013
Sat 24 to Mon 26 August – The Charmouth Three
Three days, three artists – Geoff & Jane Townson @ Peter Bagley’s Studio
“Aurora”, St Andrews Drive, Charmouth (corner of Lower Sea Lane) DT6 6LN
Paintings, textiles, reproductions & cards. 10am to 5pm. Free entry
Posted on July 12th, 2013
Through A Window – Exhibition by Morcombelake Art Group
24 – 26 August 2013
Saturday, Sunday, Monday from 10am to 5pm
James Hargreaves Community Hall, The Green, Morcombelake, DT6 6EA
Call 01297 489521 for more information.
Painting and printmaking – a variety of vibrant, colourful paintings in oils, acrylics, watercolour, collage and pastel, also etching, monoprints and collagraphs. We are a well established group of artists who meet and work together at this venue. Prints, cards and refreshments also available.
Posted on June 24th, 2013
The Town Mill Courtyard Gallery, Lyme Regis will be hosting ‘Terrain’, an exhibition of new and retrospective paintings by Julie Oldfield, from the 18th July to 7th August.
Her new paintings are influenced by her latest travels to India and Nepal. ‘Terrain’ will also show Julie’s international work over the last 10 years, brought back from her time living and painting in the Middle East, Sri Lanka and one year travelling around the world following 37 degrees latitude.
Using mixed media, Julie likes to work on metal or canvass and she brings back sand, soil and other materials from the countries she’s visited, to incorporate into her paintings. Her mixed media techniques are explained on julieoldfield.com
Back on the UK’s Jurassic Coast, she has been recording the landslides and is starting a new body of work based on the slipping landscape. Some of this work will be shown in ‘Terrain’.
“I’m looking forward to this opportunity to show my paintings at the Courtyard Gallery,” said Julie. “As well as showing my latest work, the exhibition will show a collection of my best work over the years – pieces I’ve kept back for me to enjoy. Each one has a story and has special significance to me.” Julie will be working on her landslip paintings at the gallery, showing her technique. As well as having notes telling the story of each piece in the exhibition, she will be available to answer questions and explain why they are special to her.
Posted on June 18th, 2013
Don’t forget – both the Town Mill and the Ilminster Arts Centre are hosting open exhibitions this year.
- Ilminster: deadline for entries is Monday July 8th. See http://www.themeetinghouse.org.uk/visual_arts/851 for more information.
- Town Mill: deadline for entries is Friday July 5th. See http://www.townmill.org.uk/pages/open%20photo%20competition.htm for more information.
And TMAG members – we have our own member’s exhibition too, running from Saturday 29th June – Wednesday 17th July.
- 2 pieces of work may be submitted @ a cost of £5.00 each
- Please label each piece with a title, your name & price; these labels will be used in the exhibition
- Everybody needs to do at least 3 steward slots 10.30- 1.30 or 1.30-4.30
- You can submit dates to Jeanne direct for stewarding or make sure you bring your diary with you when you bring your work in please.
- You may bring in up to 3 mounted pieces of work as well at no extra charge
- Please fill in the form and bring in with your work.
- Work may be brought in on Friday 28th June between 10am & 3pm
- Jeanne is also looking for helpers after 3 pm to help hang the exhibition; please let her know if you can help
Jeanne Goodridge - email@example.com
Posted on May 23rd, 2013
Sue Bishop says: “I am a new member of TMAG but also very much involved in running Ilminster Arts Centre and hope that this exhibition which I have organised for friends will be of interest to those of you who want to venture inland a little.
Let me know if you want to visit and I will do my best to meet you – Best Wishes Sue Bishop.”
An Invitation from us all -
Please pop into the ‘Meet the Artist’ event at Ilminster Arts Centre
on 4th June between 5:30 and 7:30, and enjoy the work of friends, who enjoy their art,
getting together to share their work with you.
Best Wishes, Sue
or text 07740 091 492